EXPLORE SAP Business One
For small to mid-sized growing companies, SAP Business One is a complete business platform, a fully integrated software system that enables you to manage your critical business functions across sales, distribution, operations, financials, and much more, all in a single integrated software system.
To find out a little more about how SAP Business One can help your business, tell us a little bit about your requirements, and we’ll help build a package that fits you.
Select the Areas that interest you…
You have selected 0 area(s) of interest
SAP Business One provides a complete set of tools to help manage and streamline your financial operations.
It automates everyday accounting tasks such as maintaining ledger and journal entries, supporting tax calculations, and enabling multi-currency transactions.
Most journal entries are posted automatically from sales, stock, purchasing, and banking. SAP Business One also allows users to create journal entries and reverse month-end accruals postings automatically.
Journal vouchers enable users to save multiple manual journal entries to a batch and process simultaneously. This allows verification and collection of postings before they are entered in the general ledger.
SAP Business One allows the management of cost centres in multiple dimensions providing the ability to easily analyse financial information. Businesses can easily structure their cost centre structure in hierarchies for sophisticated and accurate reporting
The application allows you to simplify and automate your financials management, providing you with a comprehensive and integrated set of tools that allows you to manage all of your company’s accounting and financial processes
SAP Business One delivers fully integral CRM functionality as part of the complete solution. This functionality enables complete control of customer acquisition, retention, loyalty, and profitability for the business. Tightly integrated features across marketing, sales, and service provide end-to-end visibility of the complete customer lifecycle.
The SAP Business One CRM sales cycle management functions record every sales opportunity across the customer lifecycle, from lead identification, through discovery, qualification, proposal, closure, and ultimately through after-sale service and support.
Integral CRM allows users to enter details of opportunities, including source, potential deal size, closing date, competitors, and all related activities.
Reports are a critical element of the CRM functionality allowing users to analyse opportunities by lead source, territory, industry, customer, and item. The reports manage forecasts and view anticipated revenue by a variety of date ranges, such as month and quarter.
SAP Business One provides extensive Bill of Material functionality, with support for the following types of BoM;
- Production – default type for conventional BoM parent/child functionality
- Assembly – a type of sales assembly where you sell a single finished item consisting of multiple sales items (like multi-pack of mixed items)
- Sales – another type of sales assembly where the component items appear in the sales documents
- Template – another type of sales assembly where you can have options, giving you the flexibility to select specific items for a unique sales order.
Within SAP Business One, you can use the Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) Wizard to optimise your material requirements and help manage and execute purchasing and manufacturing recommendations and exceptions.
Multiple forecasts can be maintained here also, with the user having the option of manually entering a sales plan, or having SAP automatically generate sales forecasts based on sales history.
SAP Business One automatically creates production orders and purchase order based on the Order Recommendation Report. Supported production order types are;
- Standard – for discrete based production environments
- Special / One off BoM’s for custom work or build to order.
- Disassembly – for rework type processes.
Items can be easily outsourced if needed by converting a production order to a purchase order. In addition, it’s simple to consolidate individual vendor PO’s into a single order to further streamline the purchasing process.
With SAP Business One you can optimize and streamline your entire sales process, from original opportunity, to quotation, to sales order and delivery – with integration across business functions and access to centralized, real-time data.
The Sales process in SAP Business One enables you to create the following documents and email them directly to your customer where necessary;
- Sales Quotation – this can be created for both goods and services, to either a customer or a lead.
- Sales Order – this document can be created manually or by a single click copy from a sales quotation. It triggers the whole production and purchasing process, and allows you to schedule resources to meet that demand.
- Delivery – an indication that goods have been shipped from stock.
- Sales Invoice – this is the only mandatory document in the whole process, it can be created without any of the other documents above.
- Returns – can be used to credit the customer if the goods were issued but no invoice sent out.
- Credit Notes – If the goods were delivered and an invoice was sent, then you can easily issue a credit note.
SAP Business One enables your sales and customer service staff to find new ways to sell and to make better decisions with full visibility into sales history and detailed pricing information.
SAP Business One Inventory Management enables users to manage the following key data;
- Item Master data – for all your raw materials and finished goods items, including multiple stock units and pack sizes.
- Serial and Batch numbers – can be defined on an item by item basis, as well as Service Contracts for serial controlled items.
- Inventory Transactions – goods receipt, goods issue, inventory take on, cycle counts and warehouse transfers
- Price Lists – standard and special pricing, including date and quantity based discounts and customer specific price lists.
- Pick and Pack Manager – a simple process for automating and streamlining the delivery process, particularly useful in higher volume operations.
- Warehouse and Location Management – you can define multiple warehouses as well as multiple locations within those warehouses – also supports the ability to define characteristics at the bin level, so that you can be smarter in the way you use your warehouse space.
The SAP Business One Stock / Warehouse Management processes enable you to;
- improve customer service with fewer shortages and stock-outs
- reduce inventory costs with better inventory control and materials planning
- increase business insight with real-time warehouse and inventory reporting
SAP Business One enables you to manage the entire purchasing process, with support for the following types of documents;
- Blanket Agreements – enables you to set up long term supply agreements, or contracts, with your suppliers and call off against them.
- Requisitions – enables you to give end users the ability to request goods and services on an ad-hoc basis without the need to run the MRP process.
- Quotations – this is an invitation sent to your preferred suppliers so that they can confirm delivery and price information, for goods or services, allowing you to make the best decision
- Orders – for goods or services, with the ability to automatically email the document out to your supplier in PDF format.
- Goods Receipt Note – the document that updates your stock and creates the accounting entry, along with additional information if the item is flagged as being under batch or serial number control.
- Goods Return – used to return delivered goods to the supplier if they fail quality standards etc.
- Purchase Invoice – allows you to match the suppliers invoice to a goods receipt note and approve for payment.
- Purchase Credit Note –
Find new ways to save. Optimize and streamline your entire purchasing process – with integration across business functions and access to centralized, real-time data.
Automate activities – from purchase order creation to vendor invoice payment.
Make better decisions with full visibility into purchasing and supplier performance.
Cut costs with automation, smarter decisions, and improved purchasing planning.
Supports Purchase Requisitions, Requests for Quotation, Orders and Contracts / Blanket orders.
SAP Business One Service Management helps your Service departments provide support for service operations, service contract management, service planning, tracking of customer interaction, customer support and management of sales opportunities.
The service management capabilities provides comprehensive support for service, sales and contract management, allowing you to optimise customer interaction.
- Service contract: Allows users to create a regular support or warranty contract for items or services sold to a customer.
- Customer equipment card: Provides service technicians with detailed information about an item sold to a customer, such as a manufacturer’s serial number, replacement serial number, and all service call history. It also lists service contracts assigned to the item.
- Customer equipment report: Shows all equipment and corresponding serial numbers sold to a customer or range of customers.
- Service calls: Allows users to view all service calls entered into the system. Users can restrict the report to only see service calls for a specific queue, technician, problem type, priority, item, and call status. Users also can view only overdue calls.
- Service calls by queue: Tracks all pending service calls in the queue. Various call statuses can be monitored, and calls can be assigned to individual technicians or maintained in a team queue.
- Response time by assignee: Enables users to follow the interaction between a customer and service and to record the time necessary to respond to a single service call.
- Knowledge Base: The system can accumulate a knowledge base of typical faults and customer service suggestions. These are searchable from the service call logging
With SAP Business One you can set up your own “on-line store” that is fully integrated with inventory and financials, including on-line catalogue, shopping cart, order processing and notification, customer configuration tools, and on-line customer services.
SAP Business One can be easily integrated with a host of standard eCommerce platforms. This is done via a simple “connector” that enables automatic and bi directional data synchronization between SAP Business One and your chosen eCommerce platform.
With no need to manually input the data, you save manpower, reduce human error and improve your business’s overall productivity.
Product information (including images), pricing, stock availability information is all integrated between the two systems.
The most common eCommerce platform is Magento, an open source product which Signum have integrated with in a number of projects.
By integrating Magento with SAP Business One, your company can eliminate repetitive and monotonous employee data entry, remove the danger of costly mistakes and errors and significantly reduce order fulfilment times, all while improving customer service and satisfaction.
The Magento SAP Business One integration automatically extracts data from your Magento e-commerce website and transfers the information directly into SAP Business One. The integration carries out a simple process that will free up time of your data entry employee considerably
Using our SAP Business One and Magento integration process, you can streamline the information flow and allow automatic transfer of data from your SAP Business One directly to your Magento e-commerce website. The integration process will provide your business with instant, bi-directional data flow between your front and back end solutions, allowing you to manage your entire e-business with ease.
Food & Beverage
With the SAP Business One Industry Edition for Food & Beverage, you can take advantage of industry specific functionality that has been proven in many companies similar to yours.
- Product Specifications – going beyond the traditional Item Master information, you can manage nutritional content, allergen information, shelf life and use by dates, as well as quality and testing criteria
- Batch Trace / Shelf Life
- Quality Control
- Data Collection
Cut operating costs, boost revenue, and accelerate order-to-cash – with clear visibility into inventory, order status, supplier schedules, and customer demands.
Streamline order-to-cash with automated supply and distribution chains.
Improve profit margins with efficient quoting and insight into true costs.
Boost customer satisfaction with faster and more accurate order processing.
Streamline and automate your core production processes, enhance visibility, and ensure regulatory compliance with this solution for chemical manufacturers.
Reduce costs and increase the scale of your manufacturing operations.
Optimize inventory with smarter resource planning and management.
Improve customer satisfaction with complete, on-time order fulfilment.
Ensure compliance with industry, quality, and regulatory standards.